What is the gravitational field of a hollow Earth?
How would gravity behave if the Earth had a hollow centre? Using Gauss’s Flux Theorem, Dr Tom Crawford (University of Oxford) explains how we can work out the answer to this fascinating question.
Could we live | on another planet?Vote now
- Can we create artificial gravity?
- Could human civilisation spread across the whole Galaxy?
- Extreme survival: do we have what it takes?
- What is the gravitational field of a hollow Earth?
- How do you measure a Mars quake?
- How do you become an astronaut?
- Living on another planet? Hear from Oxford experts