Sophia: Almost human or a PR stunt?
Sophia the robot has become a cultural icon. Sophia's creators from Hanson Robotics say they didn't expect it to take off as much as it did. But now, it's raising questions about just how much thought goes into the potential negative consequences of developing AI.
Is a robot a person?Vote now
- Where’s my robot butler?
- Robot surgeons are the future of medicine
- The risk of AI: will humanity die out?
- The ethical dilemma of self-driving cars
- Automated jobs: will robots eventually put humans out of work?
- Why should robots play football?
- Is my brother a robot?
- Sophia: Almost human or a PR stunt?