Can plants talk to each other?
Can plants talk to each other? It certainly doesn’t seem that way: They don’t have complex sensory or nervous systems, like animals do, and they look pretty still and quiet. But odd as it sounds, plants can communicate with each other — especially when they’re under attack. Richard Karban explains how.
Are humans more | important than plants?Vote now
- People and plants: balancing conservation and commerce
- 5 human impacts on the environment
- Whose responsibility is it to take care of our planet?
- Let’s cut down more trees!
- The earth’s giant game of tetris
- Can humans live without plants?
- Can plants talk to each other?
- Give peas a chance
- How do climate change and extreme weather impact our ecosystems?